Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We take infection control very seriously for our patients and staff. We are continuously cleaning and wiping down everything in the office throughout the day.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Every person entering the office is expected to wear a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon arrival
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions and will ask in the office as well
- We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient. This might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
- We have added air purifiers throughout our office to help keep the air clean
- We have also added the Duramax Extraoral Aerosol Suction control system, below. It removes contaminants produced during dental procedures (droplets, aerosols, blood, dust, and viruses) and uses the most advanced quattro layer filtration system to kill virus and bacteria absorbed with over 99.9% efficiency.
During treatments, a high volume of droplets and aerosols can be produced by high-speed handpieces, ultrasonic scalers, and air water syringes that can linger in the air for up to two hours. This places patients, practitioners and office staff's health at risk of infections.
DuraMax Extraoral Suction System will effectively remove these contaminants from the immediate treatment site thereby reducing the potential danger from dental aerosols and keep the air in our office safe and clean.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 203-656-0404 or visit our website at www.dariencosmeticdentistry.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Darien Family Dental Care